Top Highlights of BMA 2015 + Winner List

Last Sunday night was the annual Billboard Music Awards which happend in Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena which was also broadcasted on ABC. Here are some of the highlights if you've missed it!

1. One Direction Shouts Out To Zayn Malik

Image from Getty Images

Earlier in March, Zayn had left the band and this is the first award show One Direction appeared as quartet. The four have attended the BMA last night and was voted the Top Touring Artist and Top Group.

During the acceptance speech, they did not forget to thank Zayn for all the efforts they have put in the past five years. "There's one more person to share this with," Liam said, wrapping up the first acceptance speech of the night, "and that's our brother Zayn."

2. Taylor Swift & Calvin Harris share some PDA

It’s official!! The biggest winner of the night, Taylor kissed Calvin Harris after it was announced that she won top billboard 200 album for "1989". It seems that the duo thinks that this would be the perfect occasion to announce to the world that they are a couple.

Image from Billboard

Although they were seated few seats from each other at the beginning of BMA, the seats were rearranged and both were seated side by side for the rest of the evening.

Taylor Swift nabbed a total of eight trophies last Sunday making her the biggest winner of the night .For the full winner list, please refer below.

3. Premiere of Bad Blood music video

Besides Taylor Swift’s first appearance as a couple with Calvin Harris, it was also the official release of the long awaited “Bad Blood” music video featuring Kendrick Lamar. There is also some Taylor’s kick fighting scenes.

Image from US Magazine

You could also spot a few other celebrity friends in it, including Gigi Hadid, Cara Delevingne, Lena Dunham, Karlie Kloss, Hailee Steinfeld, Mariska Hargitay, Ellen Pompeo, Martha Hunt, Ellie Goulding, Serayah, Jessica Alba, Hayley Williams, Zendaya, Lily Aldridge, Selena Gomez and Cindy Crawford.

Check out her new music video below:-

Source TaylorSwiftVevo

4. Chris Brown And His Daughter Royalty Take The Red Carpet Together At The Billboard Music Awards!

If only there is a Best Dad Award for that night, Chris Brown would be the winner! The Royalty have arrived at the Billboard Music Awards Red Carpet.

Chris was carrying the 10 months old Royalty during the red carpet. Royalty was wearing a mini denim jacket and tulle skirt with a cute pair of baby Timberlands.

Image from PerezHilton

5. Kelly Clarkson brings her daughter backstage during BMA

If Chris Brown deserves a Best Dad Award, Kelly Clarkson definitely deserves a Best Mom Award.

The season 1 American Idol winner brought her 11 months old daughter River to the backstage of BMA 2015 and was with her and her husband Brandon Blackstock before performing her rendition of “Invincible” on stage Sunday night.

Backstage @ #BBMAs #rocknroll!

A photo posted by Kelly Clarkson (@kellyclarkson) on

6. "See You Again" Collaborators Get Together, in Memory of Paul Walker

What would be BMA without “See You Again” which have been played over and over again since Fast and Furious 7. Wiz Khalifa, Charlie Puth and Linsey Sterling brought a soulful and emotional performance of “See You Again” in great memory of Paul Walker. Star of Furious 7, Ludacris and Tyrese then who shouted out the "late, great Paul Walker."

Image from Billboard

7. Nick Jonas is jealous

Image from Billboard

Expecting a “wow” performance from Nick Jonas blew everyone away. After his Neon Lights Tour, he brought some neon lights to the stage of Billboard Music Award with his mega hit Jealous. He was wearing a slick silver outfit which compromised the neon lights perfectly, not forgetting his great vocals!

8. Mariah Carey performing the old and the new

Image from wetpaint.com

Mariah has always appeared in the Billboard with her powerful vocals and definitely she should be performing to heat up the night. After cancelling her Las Vegas concert after moving to Las Vegas due to bronchitis, she hits high notes Sunday night during BMA. Mariah Carey performs for the first time after 17 years. The singer performed Vision of Love and Infinity.

But JLo was seen on her phone while everyone else was enjoying Mariah Carey’s performance.

Image from splashnewsonline.com

9. Kanye West got censored

You might never thought Kanye West would get so heavily censored during a live broadcast, but it apparently did. Around 1 minutes or 20% of his performance of "All Day" and "Black Skinhead" was being muted during the broadcast. According to ABC, the censorship was due to the repeated N-word used in the lyrics.

Image from Billboard

Previously, his performance of “All Day” was also muted at the BRITS awards when it was broadcasted on national TV.

The pyrotechnics of fireworks on stage also cause fans and audiences unable to see Kenya’s performance due to the large amount of smoke.

Kanye performing during the pyrotechnics of fireworks. (Image from NZ Heralds)

10. Sam and his signs

The Top New Artist  was not able to be there to accept the awards due to his vocal cords surgery, but he prepared his Thank You “Speech”. Sam Smith also won Top Male Artist and Top Radio Song Artist.

Image from 9news.com

Here is his out the of ordinary “speech”

- First, thank you Billboard for this incredible honour.

- Secondly, thank you to my amazing fans.

- It's times like this that I realise how lucky I am to have you in my life.

- Can't wait to get this surgery out of the way so I can sing my ass off for you again.

- And lastly, seeing as you guys are in Vegas

- Taylor [Swift]…

- Put a 100 on black for me :)

- Nicki [Minaj]…

- Oh...My...God…

- Look at her bum!

- And Ed [Sheeran]...

- I've organised a special dance for you at…

- Chippendales.

- Good night and turn up! BLBL x

Winner list:

TOP ARTIST
Taylor Swift

TOP COUNTRY ARTIST
Florida Georgia Line

BILLBOARD CHART ACHIEVEMENT AWARD PRESENTED BY SAMSUNG GALAXY (FAN-VOTED)
Taylor Swift

TOP TOURING ARTIST
One Direction

TOP FEMALE ARTIST
Taylor Swift

TOP RADIO SONG
John Legend, "All of Me"

TOP MALE ARTIST
Sam Smith

TOP RAP SONG
Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX, "Fancy"

TOP BILLBOARD 200 ALBUM