MH370:One Year Later

A tragedy that hit all of us here as Malaysians and much a lingering affect present to those friends and families of the victims on board MH370 en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur last March 8, 2014 with 239 people on board with 227 passengers and 12 crew members as well as MASkargo staff.

Pic by dantri.com.vn

After that tragedy, another tragic episode strucked MAS in less than six months when MH17 en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam was shot down over eastern Ukraine on July 17 last year, having to lose another 298 people on board.

Pic by www.lifeinkiev.com

From these two tragic incidents that has left a deep and lasting impact on their business and reputation, MAS lost more than 500 lives and nearly 30 members of its senior crew.

In remembrance of flight MH370, MAS will observe the anniversary with a private remembrance on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur with the closest relatives of the victims of flight MH370 crew and MAS staff.

Knowing that not every employee would be able to attend Sunday's private get-together, MAS said it would distribute a batik pin to its employees as a symbol of their remembrance of the friends they lost.

Pic by Ati_o Instagram

"We'll produce a digital badge of the same design and the hashtag 'Always in my heart'," said the carrier which is currently undertaking a recovery plan to revive its fortunes.

Tweet and Picture by Malaysian Airlines

The Tough Move from the Tragedy.

Even after a year since the tragedy of MH370, many families still feel the heartache. It has been one big roller coaster ride for the families of the victims on board the MH370 flight. Here are some of their stories:

• Iman wants to send Dad’s handphone to Heaven to communicate.

Pic by Friends of BN – Barisan National Facebook page

Intan Maizura, wife to MAS steward Hazrin Mohamed Hasnan who was on board the ill-fated flight expressed her yearnings for her husband through her Instagram account.

“Hi B…I’m actually missing you badly. I just had a conversation with Iman. She said she wants to bring your old handphone to heaven (which she already packed in a plastic bag) and asked me to tie up for her.

“She can’t wait to see you in heaven.

“The time we’ve dreaded is here…she has been crying every night to sleep and saying ‘I miss papa.’

“It has been too long since the day you left…it’s been almost a year B.

“You’ve never left her for this long. It’s too much for her to take…and for me as well…sleep tight my dear. I’ll see you soon,” she said in her entry.

• Some words of encouragement from the public on social media went like “Lost, but not forgotten - @kodahRocha” and “Pray for a miracle... insha Allah may Allah ease everything - @Mieyhyorin”. (Source from malaysiakini)

Kelly (last name not given), 29, the wife of a passenger aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, holds a picture of her husband walking with Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak, at a news conference in Putrajaya Jan. 29, 2015. Reuters/Olivia Harris

However, families are still hopeful on what’s about to come, waiting for the answer on what has happened to MH370 with much proof and evidence. Let us Malaysians stand together once again in remembrance of the tragedy of MH370 during its first anniversary to respect the family members and friends of the victims this Sunday, 8 March 2015.

‚Äč
Pic by The Star. 

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and loved ones on board of MH 370. #AlwaysInMyHeart