Oscar 2015 Top Moments

The Oscar 2015 that took place at the Dolby Theatre, Hollywood, Loas Angeles on the 22 February 2015. If you miss the airing of the Live Show, here's some highlights to keep you in the loop on what went down which was the most memorable during the 87th Academy Awards. 

1. The “Glory” Performance by John Legend Had Everyone in Tears

Picture by billboard.com

“Glory” from “Selma” won the Best Original Song and left many in tears including Chris Pine and David Oyelowo after Common and John Legend took the stage for the performance.

2. Lady Gaga: Tribute to the Sound of Music

Picture by blog.gulflive.com

The audience gave Gaga a standing ovation after her medley of the Sound of Music with the high notes she hit and left Julie Andrews proud then she took the stage and gave Gaga a big hug. Watch the video performance below:

3. Neil Patrick Harris’, Anna Kendrick and Jack Black Opening Number

Picture by www.laineygossip.com

A wonderful number alongside Anna Kendrick and later on Jack Black “interrupting” the duet of “Moving Pictures”, a montage to past movies. The whole performance will leave you in a very happy place with its background lit montage on the screen as they performed.

4. Neil Patrick Harris’ in his undies

Picture by popsugar.com

Neil Patrick Harris’ as the host for the Oscars 2015 did a parody on “Birdman” and was spot on. He appeared to be late for his cue and forced out of his stuck robe at the door with only plain white undies walking through backstage just like in the film “Birdman”.

5. The Speeches

With the many Oscar wins of many talented people, let’s not forget the passionate speeches that were given from it being heartfelt to combating social issues.

J.K. Simmons who won the Best Supporting Actor thanked his wife Michelle Schumacher.

Picture by youtube.com

"I am grateful every day for the most remarkable person I know, my wife," Simmons said. "I am grateful for you love, your kindness, your wisdom, your sacrifice, your patience."Then he told his two children and all sons and daughters around the world, "Call your mom, call you dad. If you are lucky enough to have a mother or father on this planet don't text, call them."
(Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/oscars-2015-live-updates-red-carpet/story?id=29075436)

Patricia Arquette passionately spoke about women’s rights and equality.

Picture by politico.com

"We have fought for everybody else's equal rights. It's our time to have wage equality once and for all and women's right for everyone in America," she said, as Meryl Streep and everyone in the audience stood up and applauded.
(Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/oscars-2015-live-updates-red-carpet/story?id=29075436)

Check out the reactions from Meryl Streep and J. Lo (at 0:50)!

Last but not least, an encouraging note by Graham Moore who won for his work for “The Imitation Game”.

Picture by huffingtonpost.com

"When I was 16 years old, I tried to kill myself. I felt weird and different and felt like I didn't belong. Now I'm standing here this is for any kid out there who doesn't feel like they belong, because you do," he said. “Stay weird, stay different.”